Potter County Courthouse, Amarillo Texas
The Potter County
Potter County Courthouse is in Amarillo,
Texas. It is a government building in Potter
which, on August 22, 1996,
was listed on the National Register of
Historic Places. The courthouse was built in
1932 and designed by William C. Townes. It
cost over three hundred thousand dollars to
construct. That amounts to around five
million dollars today.
Sitting on the same property and also
designed by Townes, is the Potter County
Library, which was
built in 1922. The Potter
County Library, which sits on the same
property as the courthouse, was also
designed by Townes and was built in 1922.
Potter County covers an area of roughly nine
hundred and twenty square miles. Majority of
which is land. The major highways in the
county include the Interstate 27, the
Interstate 40, the U.S. Highway 60, the U.S.
Highway 87, the U.S. Highway 87, the U.S.
Highway 287, the State Highway 136, and the
Adjacent to Potter County are Moore County
to the north, Carson County to the east,
Randall County to the south, and Oldham
County to the west.
Potter County is home to a few attractions
and protected areas. These include the Lake
Meredith National Recreation Area and the
Alibates Flint Quarries National Monument.